Followers

Friday, November 2, 2018

My Author, My Hero

Rupi Kaur is a poet. She writes my favorite type of literature, poems. She inspires me with her powerful words. She got her fame from her instgram in 2015 because she was a young controversial voice of feminism. In a couple of years she has published two best selling poetry books. “Milk & Honey” and “The Sun and Her Flowers”.  She is from the Indian race and it’s not common seeing a woman of race speaking up at such a young age. Her poems are powerful to me. I can relate so much and I can tell she pours her heart and soul into making these poems as good as possible. Her short yet very raw poems cover so many different topics from abuse, immigration, depression, relationships, hardships of both men and women. She’s inspired to one day hopefully write a poetry book of my own. It’s one of my goals but it seems unrealistic to me because I think no one will read. She showed me that it’s possible because she has 2 best selling books in 3 years at 24. Her personality and her voice inspire me to be a better person. Through her words on paper she has showed me that hard things will happen in life but you can’t give up because of that. You can accomplish anything if you get through a rough time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learning to Embrace Learning

            Around the age of 4 and 5 we establish a routine of waking up early, every weekday for around 180 days of the year, and goin...