Followers

Saturday, November 24, 2018

F451 and Me

This book so far has shown various connections my life and the world around me:

1. The book has predicted in some way the use of technology today. Televisions, parlor walls in this book, were created and allow people to stay inside causing less interactions with others. I've definitely had experiences where I'd rather stay inside and watch TV than go out with my friends. Seashell Radios are today's headphones or earbuds. In the story, Mildred uses them to help her sleep. I'm always have my earbuds on listening to music. When I'm feeling anxious before sleeping, music helps me fall asleep.

2. Honestly, I can relate to Guy Montag. I relate through the questionable happiness. Some days I'm totally fine and happy, nothing bad on my mind. Others, I'm so down and depressed. One of the worst things I've experienced is definitely faking a smile and happiness. I was so sure I was content with my life so far until things happen I began to realize I'm not.

3. This book is based around burning books. The title "Fahrenheit 451" is the temperature at which books burn. In the book, reading, books, basically knowledge is not 'permitted'. Some sort of connection to modern America is that the amount of people who enjoy books and reading has definitely decreased. Technology has been a huge factor in this. Technology drives people away from the nature of reading and book knowledge. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learning to Embrace Learning

            Around the age of 4 and 5 we establish a routine of waking up early, every weekday for around 180 days of the year, and goin...